The first step to creating your personal brand is to organize your idea and create your personal brand vision. This is the way you want yourself to be perceived by others and also how you want to reach your career or business goals.
Some example of Personal Brand Vision:-
- Finding a better career so you can earn more money.
- Get more clients for your company to increase sales and earnings.
- Growing your professional network and open professional opportunities.
People with strong Personal brands are clear about who they are. Use the following criteria to understand and making your plan.
Define your Values – The good way to start your plan is look at your values, it is the things that drive your life and make you happy such as your family.
Discover your Strengths – List down your strengths, prioritize it according to your vision, and think if there is any way you can maximize your strengths.
Weaken your Weaknesses – Everyone has weaknesses. List it down and try to find if anyway you can minimize the impact. Focus on the the weakness that holding you back from achieving your vision and seize any opportunities to build skill.
Pursue your Passions – List down the things that you like doing with your time. Find how you can integrate them into what you do, and how you can connect them with your visions.
Find your Purpose – List down what is important to you. What do you want to be in the next 5 and 10 years.
Finally, discuss your findings with those that are closest to you such as your family, friends and buddy. Ask their perceptions about your values, straights, weakness, passions and purpose. The outside perception might differ from your perceptions or they might align closely
STEP 3: Define Your Audience
You need to aims your target audience in order to achieve a great impact.
List down the person that influence you, create some descriptions about them and come out with a contact plan.
STEP 4: Market Yourself
Now its time to get known. Use the platform below to market your self.
1. Social media – Register and update your profile information. Below is the most popular social media that you should have an account:-
2. Beside that, you can develop your own website. There are many content Management system (CMS) such as WordPress and Joomla which help you create beautiful and professional website.
3. You too should have a professional email address.
4. Create a blog for sharing content
5. Create a business card.
6. Improve your appearance with proper diet, exercise and sleep.
STEP 5: Find a Mentor
Mentors are great assets to build a Personal brand. You can learn how they became success or how they view the world and use the strategies to build your own success.
Mentors can be someone from your family, friends, boss, colleagues, organizations and from social media
Do some research, get in touch with the mentor, discuss on what your work on and follow the schedule.
STEP 6: Monitor your Brand
Once you had created your personal brand, you need to monitor and maintain it.
Keep your website and social profile updated.