Fissure Industries Sdn. Bhd. is seeking an inorganic chemist with materials engineering experience, or a materials engineer with inorganic chemistry experience, for an immediate start.
Fissure Industries* is the Malaysian subsidiary of and Australian-based a research & development firm performing ‘blue-skies’ research in the STEM fields, with a broad focus on the energy, water, resource and automation sectors of industry. Our versatile, multi-disciplinary team develops both disruptive technologies for industry and advances the state of the art of basic research. We believe that basic and applied research are two inextricable forms of the same pursuit and that each enlightens and inspires progress in the other. Our processing industrial assets and concerns fund our internal research projects and form the backbone of our organisation. We aspire to be the powerhouse of tomorrow’s technologies.
We are currently engaged the development of a number of exciting and dynamic technologies such as:
- Artificial intelligence
- Membrane-free water desalination and treatment
- Zero-discharge extractive metallurgy
- Minerals processing
- Robotics, machine and reactor engineering
- Silicate remediation and processing
- Green and renewable technologies
We currently seeking an experienced and highly-motivated inorganic chemist or materials engineer to grow with us and our multidisciplinary team in Kuala Lumpur. The role will involve, but is by no means limited to, the following:
- Research into silicate treatment methods.
- Research into cutting-edge geopolymerisation techniques.
- Research into mineral-polymer composite materials.
- Development of silicate-based products for implementation in the construction and insulation industries.
- Laboratory testing of products.
- Large-scale production of silicate materials.
To be considered for the role you will need the following:
- A doctorate in inorganic chemistry or materials engineering.
- Experience with, and/or interest in, the following fields of chemistry and engineering:
- Thermosetting polymers
- Thermal insulation materials
- To be fluent in English.
- To be under 35 years of age.
Applicants should send their CV and other relevant documents (cover letter, publications, etc.) to matthew.murphy AT bluestem.com.au
*Do not bother looking for the company’s web presence, as we are currently in the incubation phase.